Why choose York Montessori School?
- Authentic Montessori education and highly qualified teachers
- Daily French classes
- Established and well respected in the community
- Healthy nutritious meals and snacks
- Immaculate and germ controlled classrooms
- Incorporation of music, art, fitness, gardening, baking, and yoga
- Flexible extended hours from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Low student to teacher ratios
- Summer Camp available
- Close access to the 404
- A proud CCMA accredited school http://ccma.ca
What does Montessori mean?
The essence of Montessori education is that every child is treated with respect, given freedom within the limits of a carefully structured environment, and allowed to develop naturally at his or her own pace.
When to start a Montessori education?
“The most important period of life is not the age of university studies, but the first one, the period from birth to the age of six. For that is the time when man’s intelligence itself, his greatest implement is being formed.” – Dr. Maria Montessori in The Absorbent Mind
How important are the first 6 years of your child’s life?
During the first six years of life, what a child feels, sees, hears, and experiences are all a part of natural brain development. These critical years provide a small gateway of educational opportunity that will impact a child the rest of his or her life. One of the most important things you can do for your child is provide them with a strong educational foundation and a love of learning that will last them a lifetime.