Why choose York Montessori School?
- Established and well respected in the community
- Authentic Montessori education and highly qualified educators
- A proud CCMA accredited school http://ccma.ca
- Low student to teacher ratios
- Immaculate and germ-controlled classrooms
- Healthy nutritious meals and snacks
- French language instruction
- Incorporation of music, art, and yoga
- Flexible extended hours from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Onsite afterschool extracurricular activities
- Summer Camp – exclusive to YMS students
- Close access to the 404
What is Montessori Education?
The essence of Montessori education is that every child is treated with respect, given freedom within the limits of a carefully structured environment, and allowed to develop naturally at their own pace.
Click here to read about the Fundamental Features of Montessori Classrooms
When to start a Montessori education?
“The most important period of life is not the age of university studies, but the first one, the period from birth to the age of six. For that is the time when man’s intelligence itself, his greatest implement is being formed.” – Dr. Maria Montessori in The Absorbent Mind
How important are the first 6 years of your child’s life?
During the first six years of life, a child’s experiences play an integral role in their natural brain development. These critical years provide a small gateway of educational opportunity that will impact the child the rest of their life. One of the most important things you can do for your child is provide them with a strong educational foundation, supporting a love of learning that will last them a lifetime.